Shot in the stunning interior and surrounds of Viewmount House just outside Longford town, the photo shoot aimed to showcase five local girl’s who all had achieved success in various ways and who were linked together by their participation in the popular Rose of Tralee International Festival. The shoot was commissioned to promote local blog LongfordLocal.com
To achieve the required styling and image capture requirements on the day, John put together the following production team:
- Local Boutique Owner (supplying all clothes)
- Make Up Artist
- Hair Stylist
- Fashion Photographer
- Camera Operative (Video)
- Photo Editor
- Video Editor
Working closely with the property owners, the shoot was scheduled for a Saturday in early summer, with all photography captured in one day.
Creative Goals & Deliverables
- Creatively, the primary aim was to create a set of photographs that were unlike anything these girls would have had taken before.
- We planned to capture enough behind the scenes video to produce a B-Roll video of the day.
- In addition to the Photos and Video, we aimed to produce a written interview with each girl for publication online.
The shoot went very much to plan and we were very happy with the results. The only minor hitch on the day was some background noise that made it into the interview segment of the B-Roll video. However, this was primarily a Photo focused shoot and as such, this issue had minimal effect.
The featured photo of the shoot was this group shot of all five models. In keeping with the general ambiance and look and feel of the space, the aim was to create a look that was vintage/classic in nature.
The VideoAs this was primarily a photo and not a video shoot, the video aspect was to try to communicate the essence of what it was like behind the scenes and to briefly speak to one of the models about what the Rose of Tralee festival experience was like for her up to that point in her life.
The third key element of this project was to produce related written articles relevent to the day. We choose to create one primary feature article, backed up by an individual interview with each of the models.
Click / tap on the article link below to read the article in full.
- Feature Article – 5 Longford Ladies | Read Article
- Interview – Aisling Farrell | Read Article
- Interview – Emily Hughes | Read Article
- Interview – Sarah Keogh | Read Article
- Interview – Grainne Fox | Read Article
- Interview – Ciara Kearney | Read Article